Our Shared Beliefs
Our Shared Beliefs
We affirm our commitment to the following core truths of the Bible which we share with other genuine believers in Jesus Christ.
- The One True God – There is one, and only one, true God the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. He is the Creator and LOrd of all, existing eternally in three persons, never less and never more, – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ – Jesus Christ is fully God, existing eternally. Everything was created by Him and for Him. His incarnation took place in the womb of a virgin. He became man, but never sinned. He died a substitutionary death to atone for sin, resurrected bodily and ascended into heaven where He remains fully God and fully man and is presently ministering until He comes again.
- The Holy Spirit – The Holy Spirit is fully God existing eternally. He is a person and was involved in Creation and the beginning of Scripture. His works of convicting and regeneration are essential to the believer’s salvation. believers are entitled to the benefit and joy of being filled and walking in the Spirit for empowerment in Christian life, service and mission. We affirm that the Holy Spirit’s works of baptizing, sealing and indwelling occur simultaneously with regneration and are the possession of every true believer. The Holy Spitir gives each believer a unique combination of spiritual gifts for the purpose of serving God and people.
- The Bible – The sixty-six books, and only these, known as the Old and New testaments are the written Word of God. God’s inspiration and superintendence of the writing of every word of the Bible guarantees that what was written in His Word and therefore authoritative, true and without error in the original manuscripts. God preserves His Word which is powerful and effective to accomplish His purpose of salvation among all nations. God’s Spirit illumines the minds of believers in every culture to understand and apply the unchanging truth of Scripture in fresh and relevant ways for the benefit of the whole Body of Christ.
- Humanity – God created man and woman in His image. As a result all people are bearers of that image. However, Adam’s subsequent sin resulted in a condition of spitirual death which all people since Adam have experienced, marring the beauty of God’s image in them in every facet of life. This condition of spiritual death has rendered all people unable to save themselves and leads to physical death. Therefore new birth is necessary for salvation.